As the shraddha /pitrupaksha end, today
The festival of mother goddess Navdurga Maa is starting the nine days of great garba,raas and festivities for speacial prayers to the mother goddess Maa Durga, Maa amba and Mahalaxmi.
is day one of Navratri the festival of Mother goddess of Hindu Religion. This festival runs for nine days and we are supposed to fast all nine days if we can, but if not, the last three days are good as well, if that is not possible just one day the eighth days which is ashtami or aatham is also fine. The reason for fasting and eating less or light food is to give our body time to cleanse from within, and while it is doing so, the mind can focus more on higher spiritual needs of the Human life, the Meditation, pranayam and chants and prayers to get closer to one self from within, to get closer to the supreme Universe of which we all are a small part of.It is said that
- the first three days are dedicated to The mother goddess Durga who is the destroyer of evil (our external and internal enemies) clean dn purify yourself by chanting shlokas for mother goddess Maa Durga.
- The next three days are dedicated to Mahalaxmi (Also Maa amba) who showers us is wealth and prosperity. and
- the last three days are dedicated to Maa saraswati the goddess of learning and knowledge.
During the nine days of Navratri we also have beautiful Garba dances happening in the evenings in honor of the mother goddess. In short, the Mother goddess protects the good and punishes/kills the evil demons at the end of the nine day festival.
As a respect to the mother goddess I will be posting some chants, shlokas and prayers that we normally chant and sing to invoke /praise/pray to the mother goddess for our well being, health, wealth and happiness, all round progress in material world and in the spiritual world as well.
Hope you enjoy the posts, and share as you feel comfortable. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.
Stay tuned for more. Also visit my you tube and
My vegetarian recipes Blog for fasting recipes.
to ask her for getting rid of our Durbuddhi- Wrong thoughts/wisdom and increase Good thoughts/wisdom beneficial to all
Here are some of the prayers for mother goddess from our blog site.
- Shri Suktum
- Namantrum Noyantrum Prayers
- Tvameva Maataa
- Vishwambhari stuti.
- Mataji Ni Stuti- Nitya paavan smaran shloka
- Yaa devi sarva Bhuteshu
- Maha laxmi ashtakum
- Jaya Aadhyaa Shaktini aarti and karpoor puja
Happy navratri everyone. Enjoy the raas, Garba and the festival prayers.